Dear Midwest Big Data Hub Constituents,
We are seeking nominations for election of five (5) At-large Representatives for the MBDH Steering Committee. We ask for a 1-2 year commitment at the time a nominee submits their materials to stand for election.
Responsibilities include participation in monthly, hour-long meetings (via phone or Web), and potentially 1-2 hours occasionally for reviewing or drafting documents. We anticipate 8-10 meetings per year, including one held in conjunction with the annual MBDH All Hands meeting. Members of the Steering Committee may wish to volunteer for sub-committee work or occasional ad hoc activities which would require additional investment of time.
Details on the nomination process are below.
About the Midwest Big Data Hub
The primary aims of the Midwest Big Data Hub are to:
- Increase regional capacity in data science, data sharing, access and use.
- Facilitate the creation of organizational partnerships and research collaborations to improve the production of actionable knowledge for data-driven decision-making.
About the MBDH Steering Committee
A foundational structure of the Midwest Big Data Hub, the Steering Committee is made up of members and constituents from across the 12 states in the Hub’s region, to represent our academic, commercial, government, non-governmental and civic organizations. The Steering Committee has a significant role in the development of membership and community engagement activities.
Responsibilities of the Steering Committee include, but are not limited to:
- Providing stakeholder and community input to MBDH leadership on strategy and agenda for the MBDH;
- Participating in MBDH Working Groups on activities such as organizational and community development; formation of data policies; and Big Data specific activities (as needs emerge);
- Recommending expectations for MBDH leadership for regional and national Data Science priorities;
- Actively engaging in the development and implementation of a successful sustainability model for the MBDH.
The Steering Committee has monthly calls, and there are immediate opportunities to work on sub-committees charged to develop strategic materials for the MBDH.
- You may nominate yourself or someone else located in one of the 12 states that are part of the MBDH region (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin).
- Nominations are due to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM CT on July 24, 2018.
- Nominees will be contacted for confirmation of interest, and will be required to submit a short statement in their interest in becoming a voting member of the MBDH Steering Committee, along with a short bio and photo.
- Materials from the nominees standing for election will be posted to the MBDH website, and a notice will go out to the MBDH email list, after which a voting period will commence.
- The voting process and a link to ballots will be sent to the MBDH mail list. The voting period will run from July 27 – August 10, 2018.
- If elected, please plan to attend the Steering Committee meeting on November 5, 2018 (immediately prior to the MBDH All-Hands Meeting) in Cleveland, Ohio, at Case Western Reserve University.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com