The Midwest Big Data Hub and the three other regional Big Data Innovation Hubs are partnering with the National Science Foundation and Johns Hopkins University on development of a new nationwide research data network called the Open Storage Network. Partners include Alex Szalay, lead PI (Johns Hopkins), Ian Foster (University of Chicago), the National Data Service (NDS), and five supercomputing centers within the Big Data Hubs’ regions.
The official NSF press release is available here.
The Johns Hopkins story is here.
Links to partners:
- National Data Service (NDS)
- National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA)
- San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC)
- Renaissance Computing Institute (RENCI)
- Massachusetts Green High Performance Computing Center (MGHPCC)
- Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center