MBDH Mission Statement
The mission of the Midwest Big Data Innovation Hub (MBDH) is to strengthen the data ecosystem by developing effective networks across academia, industry, government, and nongovernmental organizations. The Hub strives to address scientific and societal issues of regional and national interest and to foster innovation across a number of priority and crosscutting areas important in the Midwest.
MBDH Strategic Goals
- • Build and cultivate Communities around Data
- • Foster innovative activities across our Priority Areas
- • Increase Education and Training around Data
- • Develop a National Coordination effort with the other Hubs
- • Establish organizational Sustainability
In depth: See how our mission and goals align in more detail (PDF document).
The MBDH’s activities are open to all. Read our Inclusivity, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA) plan to see how we’re working toward a more diverse data science community in the Midwest.
BD Hubs National Coordination Mission Statement
The objective of the National Coordination Committee (NCC) is to support a diverse portfolio of strategically driven activities at the national scale as well as complement regional activities with national resources to create accomplishments that would not have occurred without our collective contributions. The NCC’s roles may include:
- • Understanding each Hub’s priority areas and programmatic activities to strategically suggest new community engagement and avenues for scaling, (e.g., involvement of members, groups, or initiatives from each of the Hubs)
- • Helping the Big Data Hubs respond to national-scale NSF opportunities
- • Proposing strategic non-NSF national-scale opportunities
BD Hubs National Strategic Goals
- • Coordinate shared Communications activities
- • Coordinate Education and Workforce activities
- • Coordinate and scale Cyberinfrastructure and Data Access activities
- • Work toward coordination of shared Evaluation Metrics
Learn more about the NSF Big Data Hubs community.