The success of the Midwest Big Data Innovation Hub relies heavily on collaborations with partners in our region, and participation by members of our stakeholder community. Opportunities to participate include (but are not limited to):
- • The Midwest Carpentries Community – The MCC helps to build capacity in the region for hands-on data science skill development. This is one of the projects in our Community Development and Engagement (CDE) portfolio.
- • BD Hubs Data Science Education and Workforce Working Group – an open monthly professional working group for data science educators and program leaders to talk and hear from other programs around the country, as well as learn about resources for connecting with data, tools, industry partners, and research.
- • BD Hubs Data Sharing and Cyberinfrastructure Working Group – a collaboration across all four of the Big Data Innovation Hubs. Each month, the working group brings together data scientists and cyberinfrastructure professionals to learn about topics of common interest.
- • In 2021, we expect to seek community input on approaches to developing a lightweight gateway to cyberinfrastructure tools and resources.
Prior Working Group activities:
- • The outcomes of our Trustworthy Data Working Group, a partnership with the NSF Cybersecurity Center of Excellence, were focused on exploring community needs and expectations around research data integrity.