Build your program evaluation skills on the Midwest Big Data Innovation Hub (MBDH) team! We’re looking for a student to join MBDH as a paid intern to help with the assessment of seed-funded projects awarded by MBDH. This position is open to students throughout the 12-state Midwest region who are in graduate programs in program assessment, educational evaluation, or related fields, who have a strong interest in STEM.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- • 80% Work with the MBDH Research Coordinator, Seed Fund awardees, Seed Fund project participants, and the External Evaluator to develop narrative case studies, use cases, participant profiles, and/or other qualitative and quantitative metrics that illustrate the outcomes and broader impacts of each seed-funded project awarded in the 2023-2024 academic year.
- • 10% Obtain copies of the resources for any projects that develop resources that can be shared publicly (e.g., course curricula, data sets, reports, etc.) and work to curate and archive them in publicly accessible repositories.
- • 10% Other related duties as needed.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
Required: Enrolled graduate student status in a graduate degree program at an accredited college or university in the 12-state Midwest region (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin). We encourage students from Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs), and Minority-Serving Institutions (MSIs) to apply.
Required: Work toward a graduate degree in program assessment, educational evaluation, or other relevant discipline.
Required: Organization and time management skills. Strong interest in science and technology topics and program evaluation.
Preferred: Experience assisting with assessments and/or evaluation of projects, programs, events, or organizations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- • Organization and time management skills
- • Awareness of, and sensitivity to, cultural and linguistic differences
- • Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- • Proficiency in Google Docs suite and/or Microsoft Office Suite
Salary and Appointment Information
This is a 10-hours-per-week position for the 2023-2024 academic year. Pay rate: $20/hour, no tuition waiver or benefits. This is a fully remote position. Work hours and location are flexible.
To apply, please send the following documents to John MacMullen at email@example.com:
- • Resume
- • A brief statement of your interest and relevant experience.
Applications are due by October 14, 2023.
About the Midwest Big Data Innovation Hub
The Midwest Big Data Innovation Hub (MBDH) is a project funded by the National Science Foundation and based at the University of Illinois, with partner sites at other universities in the Midwest. The MBDH is focused on bringing together data scientists and researchers from other disciplines, along with people from industry, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations to solve data-related challenges in health, agriculture, the environment, and related areas. Learn more at https://midwestbigdatahub.org/