Upcoming Talks, Webinars, and Events:
“Big Data for Transportation and Mobility” symposium at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor
Sponsored by the MBDH, the symposium will feature a keynote address from the Smart Cities team from Columbus, Ohio; presentations from research groups at MBDH partner institutions; a panel with representatives of Midwest transportation industries; tutorials; focused breakout-sessions; a tour of Mcity; and a poster session.
Information on speakers, breakup sessions, and more is on the conference website.
To register, please fill out this form.
Some travel support is available for students, fellows, and postdocs; more information is on the registration form and on the conference website.
Midwest Big Data Hub Summer School
Memorial Union, Iowa State University
This summer school is designed as a one-week, intensive curriculum aimed at early career researchers to get them started in data-driven research. The school will include full-day lectures on topics ranging from: data acquisition, data preprocessing, exploratory data analysis, descriptive data analysis, data analysis tools and techniques, visualization and communication, ethical issues in data science, reproducibility and repeatability, and understanding of domain/context.
Information on registration and available travel support is available on at http://mbds.cs.iastate.edu
Talks And Training:
- MBDH Steering Committee Member Vetria Byrd gives “Introduction to Data Visualization” NCSA Blue Waters Webinar
- Iowa State Big Data Seminar Series
- Michigan Institute for Data Science (MIDAS) Seminar Series
- Great Plains Network Webinar Archives
- Indiana University Pervasive Technology Institute Webinar: Using the Jetstream cloud system and applying for an allocation of compute and storage resources