The Midwest Big Data Hub (MBDH) is a growing network of partners investing in data and data sciences to address grand challenges for society and science. Anyone is welcome to join these efforts. Announcements on new opportunities are listed below and additional activities are listed on our News & Events page.
Upcoming Talks, Webinars, and Events:
Friday, April 28th 10am-11am CST – MBDH partner The Great Plains Network hosts an ENCITE Webinar: End to End Life Cycle Management for Scientific Research Data: A Metadata and Rules Software Framework for Large Scale File Systems
Speakers: Jacob Farmer and Enrico Palmerino.
National Transportation Data Challenge Kicks Off on May 2-3!
Led by the West Hub, the regional Big Data Innovation Hubs have announced the Transportation Data Challenge, a series of community problem solving-sessions, data faires, hackathons, and demonstrations, held in collaboration with the U.S Department of Transportation, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Data Science Inc., and others.
Talks And Training:
- MBDH Steering Committee Member Vetria Byrd gives “Introduction to Data Visualization” NCSA Blue Waters Webinar
- Iowa State Big Data Seminar Series
- Michigan Institute for Data Science (MIDAS) Seminar Series
- Great Plains Network Webinar Archives
- Indiana University Pervasive Technology Institute Webinar: Using the Jetstream cloud system and applying for an allocation of compute and storage resources