The Midwest Big Data Hub (MBDH) is a growing network of partners investing in data and data sciences to address grand challenges for society and science. Anyone is welcome to join these efforts. Announcements on new opportunities are listed below and additional activities are listed on our News & Events page.
Upcoming Talks, Webinars, and Events:
MBDH @ UND: Unmanning Data Mondays Webinar Series
Monday, May 21, 2018, 1:00-2:00pm CST
Registration URL: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Gel89FG6TBO7FMPgaIuhlw
Title: Acquiring Ultra-High-Resolution Imagery using Unmanned Aerial Systems (Drones) and its Applications in High-Throughput Phenotyping
Jianming Yu, Ph.D, Professor and Pioneer Distinguished Chair in Maize Breeding, Department of Agronomy, Iowa State University
Kevin P. Price, Ph.D, Executive Vice President – Research and Technology Development, AgPixel, LLC; Professor Emertus, Department of Agronomy, Kansas State University; and Collaborator, Department of Agronomy, Iowa State University
Abstract: In this webinar, Dr. Price and Dr. Yu will provide a brief description of unmanned aerial systems technologies, examples of the imagery that can be collected, and applications in crop breeding, particularly applications in high-throughput and how they might be used in crop genetics and breeding.
More on the Unmanning Data Mondays series here.
Save the dates:
- MBDH & NDS data science tools, methods, & services workshop: July 11-12, Chicago, IL
- MBDH @ UND workshop: ‘Smart, Local, Resilient: Enabling Our Communities through Research Partnerships’: July 17-18, University of North Dakota
- Big Data Neuroscience (BDN) workshop: September 6-7, 2018, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- MBDH All-Hands Meeting: November 5-7, 2018, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- November 5: Steering Committee meeting
- November 6-7: All-Hands meeting
See other upcoming MBDH events here.